Sunday, May 23, 2010

38 weeks-final stretch

It's been brought to my attention recently that I haven't been blogging anymore during this pregnancy. Most of that is related to the fact that I have been extremely busy at work, then when I get home, I am usually so tired, plus weekends are usually pretty packed.

I can't believe the end is almost here. I don't think we could be anymore ready at home. We've got the bag packed, the car seat in the car, arrangements made for the pets, etc. I'm really hoping the baby does not come this week as I want to finish up some things at work, but I know it's not up to me, and I have to just allow nature to take it's course. Matt of course is ready, but he doesn't have to do all the work, lol! I have to admit I haven't been that nervous about childbirth until recently too...I just don't know what to expect and every time I feel a little pang or contraction, I have to wonder if this is the real thing? And how much worse is this going to feel?

Luckily since I've been so busy at work, I haven't had a lot of time to dwell on the pain or childbirth itself, so that's good at least. I can't read any more books, learn anything more, etc. I just have to let it go and see what happens now!

I am looking forward to having a lot of one on one time with this new addition, and just overall very curious to see who she'll look like, me or Matt? Will she have dark hair like me? Will she have Matt's eyes? Whose features will she take on? It's all so exciting and thrilling and amazing. I just can't believe it's almost over and soon there will be a baby in my arms after all this time....

1 comment:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

You are almost there! I can almost hardly believe it, too. I can't wait for you to experience motherhood.. So many incredibly amazing exciting things ahead. It only gets better and better!

Love,
Steph